- A new shared sports facility? – Derby City Sport Forum members have formed a sub group to consider the potential of a shared community sports facility in Derby. Members of the group plan to meet in February to discuss current challenges they face when seeking facilities to book and the feasibility of a new venture, this could be an existing space or even a newbuild.
- Linking with schools in Derby – January’s meeting included a presentation by Derby County Community Trust Super Schools. We are excited to be able start looking at new ways for our clubs to link with schools and working in partnership with the DCCT Super Schools to do so. Plans are being made to run some events in schools once they return next term.
- ‘Thriving Communities’ funding application – DCSF are involved in a funding bid with a Derby consortium. If successful it would enable clubs to offer more sport and activity sessions to adults through the social prescribing network.
- Mixed Ability Sport session training –
DCSF have linked with IMAS to run a workshop which is an introduction to mixed ability sports, how to make your club more inclusive and how coaches can adapt sessions. This session will be for around an
hour, get in touch for more information.
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 16th March 2021 2pm via Zoom
- Future Meeting dates:
- Tuesday 18th May 2021
- Tuesday 20th July 2021
- Tuesday 21st September (AGM) 2021
- Tuesday 16th November 2021